To My Future Self,
When you read this, I will be gone. The passing of time, however, will have etched me into your skin.
You will carry my youth with every step you take, and I will be both erased and immortalised.
Fear not, you may come back anytime to revisit your past self. In this time capsule, I leave you with some thoughts, so you do not lose too much of yourself as you travel through life.
- This is a fast world, so you will have to run. Slow down sometimes so you may admire the colours of the sky or trace the wrinkles around your mother’s eyes.
- Carry love within you for every form of life. Friend or foe, we are but dust talking to dust, so let humility and kindness flow in your veins.
- There is beauty in being decisive, but not uncompromising. Learn yourself or lose yourself to the whims of life.
- Travel light. Do not carry excess baggage, you always want to be comfortable for the journey.
- Consume your emotions, but do not let them consume you.
- Ancora Imparo.
- The hourglass of life will not be flipped, so learn to love every minute before it leaves.
I leave you this short message, in the hope that I will still be important to you then.